Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Beyond Food


It has happened again. I check my blog to realize it has been several months since my last post. I constantly tell myself I’m going to change this, yet days continue to go by without an update. So with the holiday season upon us I felt it was time for an update.  For those of you who talk to me on any kind of regular basis, you’re more than aware that I love Pinterest. I keep meaning to write a post about my love for the site, and then another day goes by and so on.  I did write a post for my company blog, but I have yet to put down in words what I find to be the heart of the site and the reason I have become addicted to it along with so many others.



I’ve been trying to think of a word to describe my organization style and I believe the best description would be a self –identified as a hybrid organizer completely in between the Type A and Type B. When tasked with a mission, I can store, file and color code down to the last detail.  However, if you’ve ever come across my inbox, desk, or witness my kitchen when I bake or cook you might see a different picture.  I tend to thrive in organized chaos and I have always been this way, no matter how hard I try to keep everything in line from A-Z.  I believe this also falls in line with my personality. I’m a dreamer, believer and individual who is happy to believe in the power of a fairy tale and the impact of a shared voice.  The other half of me is a person who loves the power of facts and concrete information that leaves me with a piece of mind.

Out of all the sites and apps out there, Pinterest fits my personality like a glove.  It allows you to pin ideas of realistic value, a recipe I will actually make for dinner or a DIY that I can actually handle. More importantly, it allows you to dream.  Whether close to being engaged or not, I along with millions of other girls have pinned wedding ideas, future dream homes and places I want to visit.  In my mind bringing reality and dreams together is a gift that few other sites have accomplished in such a unique way along with a social connection.

I wouldn’t say the site is currently perfect but it has the foundation to get there.  I have been told my eyes literally light up revolving around Pinterest discussions and frankly I just can’t help but talk about this site with excitement.  

Are you on Pinterest?


No comments:

Post a Comment